Monday, February 15, 2010

The Birth of a Blog

Hello readers.

Welcome to The Real Gamer, where you can get a review that is based on experience instead of first impressions, speed, and sales agenda. So much of today's video game reviewing is done quickly, and with a bottom line in mind rather than the game itself. I, for one, am sick of it, and I know a lot of gamers out there who are as well. Well, I've decided to do something about it.

What you'll find here is honesty. A real review from a real gamer. I won't review a game right when it comes out, just trying to keep up with the press. No, I will play the game, and give you my full impression when I have had enough time to formulate a real opinion. Most video game reviewers rush though games, treating the review like a job instead of what it's supposed to be: A fully informed overview of the game and all its aspects. I also think it's supposed to be fun, but maybe that's just me...

You'll also find that I will challenge what a lot of people say about popular games. Even on games that I like, I will give brutally honest facts sometimes that don't make the games look good. For instance, the first review I plan on doing here is on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It won't be fanboy praise, I assure you, and it won't be like any review you'll ever get from a place like IGN or Gamespot. Like I said, I'm not here to sell a game. I'm here to give you the information you need to know before you spend your money, and potentially waste it on a bad game.

However, this isn't all I'll do here. I can't go out and buy a new game every time I want to make a post. That'd be insane. In addition to reviews, you'll get my impressions on the gaming world as of late. Whether it be a brief review of a trailer or demo, or a personal thought I'd like to share on some aspect of gaming as a whole, you will always find each post an interesting look into the world of video games.

And every once in a while, you might get a personal note here or there. However, I will try to keep this blog as topical as possible. No people crying about their personal lives here =).

I've wanted to do something like this for a while, and I hope you'll all join me in countering the effects of bad reviews on the video game world. Good video games are wonderful works of artistic vision and creativity, and they deserve more than a few hours of a reviewer's time. Popular games shouldn't get a free pass just because they're made by a big developer, and they should be judged just as harshly as a game that comes from an independent studio. You'll get that here...

You'll get a real review, from a real gamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment