Thursday, March 25, 2010

Champions Online Free Weekend This Weekend!

Greetings, Internet.

I'd like to introduce you to my favorite MMO of all time, Champions Online. The spiritual successor to the extremely popular City of Heroes/City of Villains, Champions Online is a super-powered MMO that has the most robust character creator to date, a unique and fun power system, and some of the most action-packed gameplay I have EVER experienced in an MMO. Perfect for solo play, and even better for party play, Champions Online captured my MMO heart and never let go. Unfortunately, I am poor. I could never afford it for more than a month or so here and there. This has made me sad.

But there is hope!

Champions Online has hosted free weekends of gametime since it's release, and has recently released an unlimited demo. This weekend, is one of those weekends. While they have not officially posted it on their website, a few friends of mine have recieved e-mails notifying them of a free weekend this weekend. Cryptic does these free weekends when they have new content, and this weekend is no different. They have announced the release of a new, free expansion that's sure to be awesome in and of itself =).

But that is not the topic of this post. I'm just here to inform you that one of the most fun and awesome MMOs of all time is having free play time this weekend, and if you're an MMO fan, you NEED to check it out. Unfortunately, I don't believe you can pre-load the game, you'll have to download it when the free weekend starts, but you can make a game account on the site before hand and be ready to go when the timer starts.

For those who missed it before, here is the link to the Champions Online website:


I hope that some of you check it out, if your computers can handle it, that is. My main character is Jurnigan. I'll see you all in-game!

I'll be sure to also edit the post if there are any changes as time goes on. If there is an official announcement from Cryptic, I will post that link as well.

Edit: Yup! They're sneaky about it this time around, here's your link!

No comments:

Post a Comment